Shop Smart: What To Ask A Sign Fabricator Before You Order In West Michigan
How Do I Choose The Right Sign Fabricator For My Business?
According to research by the International Sign Association, business signs are your #1 marketing asset, responsible for over half of your local business. Furthermore, in a major study, titled The Economic Value of On-Premise Signs, researchers found that the addition of a single sign could boost sales revenue by 5-15%!
But not all signs are created equal. Choosing the wrong sign fabricator could seriously hamstring your business branding efforts, and even cost you money in the form of:
- Sign code violations—All signs must meet local standards for design, installation, and maintenance. For example, in Allendale failure to meet those standards listed in Article 22 of the Allendale Township Zoning Ordinance could result in civil fines, which start at $50, then jump to $250 and $500 for first and second repeat offenses.
- Remediation costs—Not all sign shops offer design and installation services, plus free remediation with every order, which means each additional change you request to your design, manufacturing, or installation could increase your project costs.
- Costs of quality—In project management theory, the term “costs of quality” (COQ) refers to the total amount of money spent ensuring “high-quality deliverables,” as well as any additional costs imposed by “imperfect deliverables,” as described above. In addition to any remediation costs and potential sign violations, you may need to spend extra time and money clearing up miscommunications, briefing new team members during project handovers (e.g. when passing your design proof over to the manufacturer), and otherwise keeping your project on-track.
- Poor sign results— According to research by the Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding, more than 60% of consumers report having failed to find businesses they intended to visit because of unclear signage, and more than 90% of people use business signs as “inferential cues” to make judgements about brand quality. Accordingly, subpar signage isn’t just a waste of money—it can actually cost you money in the form of squandered sales and a shoddy brand image.
Clearly, your choice of sign fabricator counts for a lot. So how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? Good news: it only takes a few questions to figure out whether you’re working with a consummate sign professional or someone less qualified.
Read on to learn more, or call 1-888-992-1688 to speak directly with a qualified sign fabricator in West Michigan.
What To Ask A Sign Fabricator Before You Order In West Michigan
In “Questions to Ask a Potential Sign Partner,” the International Sign Association recommends asking prospective sign fabricators:
- Do you offer in-house design services? In-house design services not only attest to their graphic and branding expertise, but also save a lot of time and added costs over the course of your sign project.
- Do you provide any help with sign permitting? “As with any type of construction, signage typically requires permitting,” states the ISA. By partnering with sign fabricators who understand local ordinances, you not only minimize the risks of costly code violations, but also speed up the permitting process by eliminating guesswork.
- Do you have a portfolio of signs for me to see? The best sign fabricators will be pleased to show off their jobs-well-done, whether in online galleries or in person. You can find our sign results in our on-site gallery, on social media, and all over West Michigan—just call 1-888-992-1688 for directions!
- Do you offer sign installation? Not all signs are easily installed. For those requiring heavy-duty construction, electrification, or working at heights, it’s best left to the pros, and the best sign fabricators will include this service.
- Do you help with sign maintenance? “A sign is your business calling card and, as such, it should be in good working order at all times,” states the ISA. Maintaining a single sign might be easy, but if you have an entire sign system to keep in shape, or multiple spread across different locations, maintenance services are a lifesaver.
At Signs by D9N Design, our answer to each of these questions is YES!
Get A Free Quote From Qualified Sign Fabricators In West Michigan
If you’re looking for qualified sign fabricators in West Michigan, look no further. We offer every product and sign service you need to get great results on your next order, and the results in our online gallery speak for themselves.
To schedule a free consultation with our sign fabricators, you can:
ISA. (2020). Questions to ask a potential sign partner. International Sign Association.Back