Custom Office Signs: Boost Sales And Productivity Within Your Business
Today’s post reviews research on how office signs can positively influence sales, brand image, productivity, and employee satisfaction within your business.
Boost Sales, Productivity, And More With Custom Office Signs
If your office sign system is doing the bare minimum, just enough to meet the requirements of your township’s ordinance, then you’re leaving money on the table!
Believe it or not, office signs can have a direct impact on your business’s sales, productivity, brand image, and employee satisfaction levels. Our team at Signs by D9N Designs can help you access all of these benefits with a wide range of customizable, low-cost, high-impact office signs.
These are just a few of the ways researchers believe office signs can boost your bottom line:
- Office signs boost your brand image. In one study cited by the Journal of Signage and Wayfinding, more than 40,000 survey respondents agreed that they regularly make quality assumptions about businesses based on their office signage, and 85.7% agreed office signs convey the character or personality of the business (Kellaris & Machleit, 2016, p. 1). If you want to improve your brand image and reap the rewards—brand loyalty, better brand recall, and more sales, to name a few—upgrading your office signs is a great place to start.
- Office signs boost employee satisfaction. Happy workers are more productive, says new research by the University of Oxford, which found that employee satisfaction increased productive output by 13%.
If you’re looking for more ways to make your employees happy, consider upgrading your office signs—in a meta-analysis of research in the Procedia Engineering journal, researchers concluded that “indoor environments in an office have a great influence on employees’ attitudes, behaviors, satisfaction, and work performance” (Kamarulzaman et al., 2011, p. 266). We’ve helped plenty of local businesses improve their interior design with colorful signage, inspirational quotes, and meaningful images that celebrate their culture, accomplishments, and team spirit, and we can do the same for you.
- Office signs boost productivity. There are several ways that office signs can enhance productivity. First, they enhance wayfinding systems, which reduces the amount of time your employees spend directing visitors—one study estimated that medical offices lose 4500 hours per year providing “navigational assistance!”
Second, office signs make it easy to unlock the productivity-boosting benefits of biophilic design, which is about surrounding workers with natural imagery and “green space” to access cognitive benefits. In one study, researchers found that offices decorated with biophilic images enjoyed productivity increases as high as 15% (Nieuwenhuis et al., 2014). Whether you’re looking to create calming, pro-productivity visuals, or inspire workers with vivid color and high-resolution graphics, we can help!
Get A Free Quote On Any Custom Office Sign
Ready to optimize your office sign system? Whether you’re looking to make your office space more inclusive and accessible with ADA signs, or you want to inspire your workforce with stunning graphics and biophilic images, we can do it all at our one-stop shop at Signs by D9N Designs.
We can supply all of the most popular indoor office sign options, including:
- ADA office signs
- Room identification signs
- Wayfinding signs
- Waiting room signs
- Office signs for meeting and conference rooms
- Office building directory signs and inserts
- Lobby directory signs and inserts
- Safety signs for manufacturing facilities, laboratories, and medical offices
- Indoor tenant signs
- Desk plates
- Nameplates for offices and cubicles
- Desk plates for hotels, medical offices, and registration desks
- Office murals
- Wall graphics
- Elevate wraps and graphics, and more
Whatever you choose, we guarantee:
- 100% customization—Bring any vision to life with our in-house graphics team
- Superior office sign quality—Our premium materials and expert manufacturing keeps your office signs looking better for longer than the competition
- Responsive customer support—We help with every step of the process, from creative ideation to final installation, and you control our entire team from a single point of contact
- Convenient, COVID-safe service—Contactless booking, delivery, and installation is available, and all design collaboration can be conducted online, at your request.
At Signs by D9N Design, we can design, fabricate, and install a variety of high-quality, custom-made signs for clients in Allendale, Grand Rapids, and anywhere else in West Michigan.
To get started on a free office sign consultation, or learn more about any of our other services and products, you can:
Brewer, K. (2016, January 21). Art works: How art in the office boosts staff productivity. The Guardian.
Dole, C. and Schroeder, R.G. (2001). The impact of various factors on the personality, job satisfaction and turnover intentions of a professional accountant. Managerial Auditing Journal, 16(4), pp. 234-45.
Kamarulzaman, N., Saleh, A. A., Hashim, S. Z., Hashim, H., & Abdul-Ghani, A. A. (2011). An overview of the influence of physical office environments towards employees. Procedia Engineering, 20, 262-268.
Nieuwenhuis, M., Knight, C., Postmes, T., & Haslam, S. A. (2014). The relative benefits of green versus lean office space: Three field experiments. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 20(3), 199.
O’Brien, S. (2007). Color theory. Journal of Business Mexico, 6(2), 20-22.Back